This week will be one of those uncanny not-really-sure-what’s-going-on-will-try-to-sleep-through-it weeks. Two days of INSET [in service training] which will involve meetings/training on such topics as child protection and behaviour management, another day where we get to meet the new Year 10s [which will probably be a wonderful experience], then the Year 11s will toddle along to wreak havoc and compare holidays [how many times they were cautioned by the police, who beat who up, that sort of thing] and then my week will end with my nana’s funeral.
I feel very emotional at the moment. It’s a mixture of emotions all tumbling around in my belly, making me feel very weak. Sadness [obviously] but also anger [Katrina, poverty, race issues, petrol, Two-Faced Bitch, fire] and disappointment [arrogance on the part of other people and the hate that comes from some people, other Xangans even, people who should know better].
There’s probably a dash of disbelief simmering around in there too.
Kinky Bear feels the same.
Tabatha just sleeps.
Sometimes I think it would be nice to just walk away. Somewhere. Anywhere. Banging my head on the brick walls just gives me a headache.
Sometimes everything just overwhelms me, and sometimes I wish that I still took those damn anti-depressants. I had a conversation with The Blokey yesterday and don’t recall it at all. I tried to engage him in a conversation of the same topic a couple of hours later and he looked at me as though I was mad. I disappoint him sometimes. Oh, what to do.
Because it’s Sunday it must be time for Ten on Tuesday.
This week – 10 Lessons You Want to Teach Your Kids.
- to always be true to themselves and their beliefs [and that those who ridicule and/or mock those beliefs aren’t worth the crap that comes out of their arse]
- that cuddles are good, even when they’re for no particular reason
- that life can be harsh and unfair, but there are sane ways to cope
- that people will annoy them but the desire to hit them can be overcome through deep breathing and telling them to piss off in their heads
- to fall in love, and then fall in love again, just to be sure
- that there is an elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and fairies do live in the back garden
- that i’ll love them regardless of how popular, intelligent or moody they are
- to respect, and empathise with, other people
- that being successful doesn’t make them special, but to overcome and/or learn to deal with [alleged/so-called] failures does [and that success and failure can only be measured on a personal level anyway]
- to laugh. a lot.
Now I just need to have some children.
|Your Blog Should Be Green|
Your blog is smart and thoughtful – not a lot of fluff. You enjoy a good discussion, especially if it involves picking apart ideas. However, you tend to get easily annoyed by any thoughtless comments in your blog.
And indeed, it is … [and indeed, I do] …
You make me laugh. I’m glad you’re my Baby Brother. Now, be nice to me.
please God, bless my week and the weeks of everybody xxx Elsabeth